HomeAbout UsPublic LibrarySchool DistrictEventsHistoryDirectionsPhotosContact Us


• The first post office in Antis Township was conducted by John Bell in the old brick house at Mary Ann Forge.

• The first post office in Bellwood was located at the old Rev. Sarvis home and was conducted by B. F. Bell in 1850.

• The present Kyper building was at one time the old St. Cloud Hotel, later on becoming the Central Hotel.

• Bellwood'’s Opera House was located on the second floor above the present post office.

• Part of the building now occupied by the American Gas station was formerly the old railroad station.

Back to History

Back HomeBellwood Borough/Antis Township • Blair County • Pennsylvania • U.S.A.